2010年1月5日 星期二

Meditation III homework

作業繳交期限為一月十二號24:00之前,請大家將題目列印寫上答案,請交至文學院四樓助教胡映群信箱。

Exercise 3.1
Arrange the following concepts in the order in which Descartes presents them in the first half of Meditation III
a. He has discovered no evidence providing that his sensory ideas are accurate copies of objects.
b. He must prove that God exists and that God is no deciever before he can discover other certitudes.
c. He categorizes his thoughts into violitions, emotions, and judgments.
d. A clear and distinct grasp of something is required to know a thing for certain.
e. The light of nature is different from natural impluse.
f. His ideas are either innate, acquired, or produced by him.

Exercise 3.2
1. Paraphrase the first argument in paragraph 8 ("For the moment, the central question..."). Because Therefore,
2. Paraphrase the first argument in paragraph 9 ("I will now see whether these reasons..."). Because Therefore,
3. Paraphrase the first argument in paragraph 8 ("Next, while my sensory ideas may not..."). Because Therefore,
4. Paraphrase the first argument in paragraph 8 ("Finally, even if some of my ideas..."). Because Therefore,
5. Now look at paragraphs 8, 9, 10, and 11. Paragraph(s) refute(s) arguments in paragraph(s)

Exercise 3.3
Underline the conclusion, the "therefore" statement, in each of the following arguments.
1. I think I exist. I can be absolutely certain I exist. I must exist in order to think I exist.
2. I cannot tell or certain that external objects exist. I cannot tell if my ideas are accurate copies of external objects, then I cannot know for certain that external objects exist.
3. God could be deceiving me. God is all-powerful.
4. It is not possible that anything I've grasped clearly and distinctly could be false. In the future, I can use it as a general rule that anything I grasp clearly and distinctly is true.
5. I need to prove that God is no deciever. God might be deceiving me. If God is deceiving me, then I can't know anything for certain.
6. I should be careful when I make judgments about my ideas being copies of external objects. I can make errors when I judge that my ideas are copies of external objects.

EXercise 3.4
Omitting argument 1, arrange the arguments in 3.3 in the order in which they occur in Meditation III, and give the paragraph number of each argument.

沒有留言:

張貼留言